Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Melbourne Cup

I'm not the type of person who shows any particular interest in horse racing or fashion. It was for that reason, I decided to spend the day away from the crowds in Melbourne's CBD. With a public holiday and wet weather predicted, I knew I would have an opportunity to stroll in the rain and experience a relatively empty city.

Later in the day, racegoers started to flow into the city. Beautiful women, handsome men, and drunkards started flowing in off the train. Flinders street become awash with colour. At about the same time, a wave of rain flowed across the city. I was lucky enough to spot this lady watching them dash across Flinders Street trying to avoid the rain. 

A lady contemplatively gazes at Flinders St Station while enjoying a post-Melbourne Cup tea at the Iconic Young & Jacksons pub, Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment